- EDBT/ICDT 2019
- Social Events
- Event Photos
- Event Feedback
- Program Overview
- Detailed Program
- Workshop Program
- Invited Keynotes
- Invited ICDT Tutorial
- EDBT/ICDT Awards
- Research Challenges
- Guidelines for Presenters
- Accepted Papers
Christine Collet EDBT/ICDT Student Participation Award
Applications are invited from undergraduate, masters or PhD students for awards that provide free registration for participation at the EDBT/ICDT joint conference in Lisbon, from 26th to 29th March 2019. There are 10 awards available.
To apply, please email a 1 page pdf document, with the subject line "EDBT Award" to email@example.com that provides your:
- Full name and email address.
- Name and address of institution.
- Current programme of study.
- Advisor's full name and email.
- Description of current work as it relates to data management (max 100 words).
- Description of what you hope to gain by attending EDBT/ICDT (max 100 words)
- Names/dates of previous conferences attended.
- A statement to the effect that if you are offered the award, you will be able to attend, by covering the cost of travel and subsistance from other sources.
The deadline for applications to be received is Thursday 31st January, and successful applicants will be notified by Friday 8th February. Applications from female students are particularly encouraged.
These awards are named in memory of Christine Collet, who passed away earlier this year. Christine was a Professor of Computer Science at Grenoble INP, and Head of the Heterogeneous and Adaptive Systems team at the Grenoble Computer Science Laboratory. Christine was a senior member of the EDBT community, as a long term member of the executive board and recent past president of the EDBT Association. She carried out these roles with good humour and enthusiasm, while still making sure that things were done. These awards reflect Christine's interest in computing education, and her track record in supporting others.
Award Committee Members
Sihem Amer-Yahia, CNRS, LIG, France
Giovanna Guerrini, Università degli studi di Genova, Italy
Marc H. Scholl, University of Konstanz, Germany
Genoveva Vargas-Solar, CNRS, LIG-LAFMIA, France