- EDBT/ICDT 2019
- Social Events
- Event Photos
- Event Feedback
- Program Overview
- Detailed Program
- Workshop Program
- Invited Keynotes
- Invited ICDT Tutorial
- EDBT/ICDT Awards
- Research Challenges
- Guidelines for Presenters
- Accepted Papers
EDBT 2019 Call for Industrial and Application Papers
The International Conference on Extending Database Technology is a leading international forum for database researchers, practitioners, developers, and users to discuss cutting-edge ideas, and to exchange techniques, tools, and experiences related to data management. Data management is an essential enabling technology for scientific, engineering, business, and social communities. Data management technology is driven by the requirements of applications across many scientific and business communities, and runs on diverse technical platforms associated with the web, enterprises, clouds, and mobile devices. The database community has a continuing tradition of contributing with models, algorithms and architectures, to the set of tools and applications enabling day-to-day functioning of our societies. Faced with the broad challenges of today's applications, data management technology constantly broadens its reach, exploiting new hardware and software to achieve innovative results.
EDBT 2019 invites industrial and application papers that describe important industrial and application achievements. We encourage submissions related to all aspects of data management, and particularly encourage work on applying recent research advances to real-world problems. New applications, challenging use cases, and description as well as analysis of applied technology are highly welcome.
Topics of interest
We welcome papers on topics including, but not limited to, the following:
- High Performance Query Processing
- Data Preparation and Data Wrangling
- Databases and AI
- Knowledge discovery
- Data and Text Analytics
- Application Areas (Finance, Government, Retail, TelCo, Health and Life Sciences, Social Networks, …)
- Big and Streaming Data
- Database and Software as a Service
- Database Appliances and Self-Managing Systems
- Distributed and Cloud Computing
- Sensor Data and Time Series Analysis
- New Hardware Trends
- Secure data management
- Social Networking and Graph Databases
- Web Data Management and Data Lakes
Types of Papers
The following two types of paper are considered:
- Industrial Papers: papers that describe technical advances that address industrially relevant problems, and that have been carried out in a commercial setting that is described in the paper.
- Application Papers: papers that describe applications or use cases that stretch or present challenges to established data management tools or techniques.
Submissions to this track have a page limit of 12 pages. Papers will be selected based on their contribution, originality, and significance. Please make it explicit in the submission if the paper is to be reviewed as an industrial or application paper.
- Paper submission deadline: November, 30 2018
- Notification: December, 28 2018
- Camera-ready deadline: : January, 22 2019
Deadlines expire at 5pm, PT.
Conflicts of interest (COI)
When submitting an industry paper, the submission site will request information about conflicts of interest of the paper’s authors with program committee (PC) members. It is the full responsibility of all authors of a paper to identify all and only their PC members they have a COI with as defined below. Papers with incorrect or incomplete COI information at the time when submission closes are rejected.
A paper author has a conflict of interest with a PC member when, and only when, one or more of the following conditions holds:
- The PC member is a co-author of the paper.
- The PC member has been a co-worker in the same company or university within the past two years.
- The PC member has been a collaborator within the past two years.
- The PC member is or was the author's primary thesis advisor, no matter how long ago.
- The author is or was the PC member's primary thesis advisor, no matter how long ago.
- The PC member is a relative or close personal friend of the author.
Duplicate submissions and novelty requirements
An industrial and application paper submitted to EDBT 2019 cannot be under review for any other publishing forum or presentation venue, including conferences, workshops, and journals, during the time it is being considered for EDBT. Furthermore, after you submit an industrial and application paper to EDBT, you must await the response from EDBT and only resubmit elsewhere if your paper is rejected (or withdrawn at your request) from EDBT.
All industrial and application papers submitted to EDBT 2019 must present substantial novel content not described in any prior publication. A prior publication is either (a) a paper of five pages or more presented, or accepted for presentation, at a refereed conference or workshop with proceedings or (b) an article published, or accepted for publication, in a refereed journal. If a EDBT 2019 submission has overlap with a prior publication, the submission must cite the prior publication. Any violation of this policy will result in the immediate rejection of the submission.
Length, file type, and formatting
Length: Industrial and application papers have a page limit of 12 pages.
File type: Each industrial and application paper is to be submitted as a single PDF file, formatted for A4 paper and no more than 5 MB in file size. Submitted papers must print without difficulty on a variety of printers, using Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure that their submitted PDF file will print easily on simple default configurations.
Formatting: Industrial and application papers must follow the ACM Proceedings Format. Please make sure you are using the latest 2017 version. Modified ACM LaTeX2e style files with ISBN and copyright information for EDBT 2019 can be downloaded here: acmart-edbt2019.cls, sample-edbt2019.pdf, sample-edbt2019.tex. The font size, margins, inter-column spacing, and line spacing in the templates must be kept unchanged.
Any submitted paper violating the length, file type, or formatting requirements will be rejected without review.
For further information on the conference, venue and further call for papers please refer to the EDBT 2019 website.
We very much look forward to your submissions,
Berthold Reinwald, Industrial/Applications PC Chair
Melanie Herschel, Program Chair